French automaker Renault has taken the wraps off its new Kardian SUV. The mid-size SUV will initially go on sale in Latin American markets followed by other non-European countries. Here are all the details on the Kardian’s design, features and engine specifications.
- Based on CMF platform, length of 4.12 meters
- Split headlamp design with LED DRLs
- Renault’s signature bold grille on aggressive front
- Flared wheel arches and cladding for rugged appeal
- Alloy wheels, roof rails and chrome inserts depending on variants
- C-shaped LED tail lamps similar to Renault Kiger
Interiors and Features
- Dual-tone dashboard layout reminiscent of Duster
- 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Drive mode selector knob on center console
- Piano black and faux wood inserts based on trim
- Leather seats, ambient lighting for top-end variants
- 17-inch alloy wheels expected on higher trims
Engine and Transmission
- 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine producing 125hp and 220Nm
- 6-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission
- Front-wheel drive configuration
While there is no confirmation on the Kardian’s India launch yet, its CMF platform will underpin several new Renault models globally including some Made-in-India vehicles. This flexible platform allows for electrification in future variants as well.
The Kardian will be an important product for Renault to strengthen its position in Latin America and other emerging markets. Its aggressive pricing will be key to succeed in competitive SUV segments.